Sunday, September 20, 2009

Back on Mother's Day

For Mother's Day this year (I know, I know...its SEPTEMBER...Mother's Day was CLEAR back in May). However, as I was documenting a few other of this year's events, I came across some photos from Mother's Day and realized that we really needed to display them for all to see.

As I was saying....For Mother's Day this year, all of us children decided to go in with our father and get her something she would absolutely love. For all of my memorable life, my mother has never worn her wedding ring. I don't know if it was when she was pregnant with me or my younger brother, but, while she was prego with one of her last children, they had to cut her ring off her over swollen fingers. And after that, she lost the main stone and a few of the accents.

My father had been speaking of getting it repaired for years, and because I have become quite the wedding ring expert this last year, I went ahead and took it in to get it fixed. So then, on Mother's Day, we all gathered around our mother, when father got down on his knee, and gave her our gift. There was hardly a dry eye present.

1 comment:

The Zouns said...

That is awesome, Congrats Maxine!